Its almost complete! Still adjusting the color temperature to get it feeling a it less monochromatic.
Am not quite happy with the glow effect on the banner too just yet. So that needs a bit more pushing and pulling.
Rest of it is nearly complete though. Hopefully one or 2 more nights will get it over the finish line.
Don't forget! I've updated the Novella Preview pages to include sepia versions of the finished pieces so people can get a better sense of works and hopefully maybe be a bit more enticed to sign on as a patron. :p
This will probably be the last time I post this unfinished as I don't want to risk people sharing the unfinished version. :\
Hehe for several days now it just felt like I didn't have a dam clue what I was doing with these colors.
But all of a sudden today things feel like their finally snapping together. ^ o^
Really wish I didn't have to push and pull at the colors so much to get them to finally bend to my will.
Would really save me a lot of time. Really has me worried how long its going to take to finish this project, and if I'll ever be able to properly render the comics in a quality anywhere close to where these are now.
I wont be giving up tho! Remember I'm always craving feedback from my fans.
Dont feel shy about voicing your concerns with how things are turning out or if you think something feels off. Can only help me to improve. ^ _^
I really feel bad about having to suspend doing more sketch work for my patrons, but I desperately need to get this book put together as soon as possible.
Thank you so much for those of you who have been moved enough to financially support my works, I will do whatever it takes to pay it back to you all with the highest quality products I can muster. ^ _^
Don't forget to always share and like my works over social media, it really helps me to find my audience who needs to be seeing my creations. ^ o^
Working in the base shadow layers!
I set up my layers so that base flats for each major layer (background, foreground, midground, etc) are all on separate layers, allows me to quickly select entire figures to paint with out worry of having to clean up excess on other areas, can take a bit of time to set up properly but allow for me to shift between various figures much more quickly. ^o ^
Please be sure to share links to my works, helps a ton to get more eyes on my projects. ^ _^
Inks are essentially complete! as well as the basic flats! :D
Will have to play around quite a bit with the atmospheric distance between the fore and background layers. color wise need to match whats come before in the other.
Hopefully things come together quickly from this point forward. ^ o^
Lost several backers this month so am dipping back into being financially challenged, If you've been on the fence about becoming a Patron now would be a good time to dip your toes in. ^ o^
And for those long time supporters thank you so much for your continued support! You have no clue how much you all help me to survive and continue this work.
Gotta work in more sketching during this process to come up with more unique designs and better show off the raw potential of these characters. ^ o^
Please don't forget to share the works you like best on social media to help spread the word. :D
The big tendrils are just about complete now, debating if i need to lessen their line weight tho. Want to maintain a sense that their much closer to us.
Current progress with the next novella illustration! :D
Really liking how this one is developing so far. ^_ ^
was brainstorming up a means to simplify the design of my Aegis class Paladin armor.
End product so far looks a pretty cool, tho feels a bit too feminine at the moment, Will need to figure out how to do a bulked up variant in the near future.
For today tho getting started with the inks for the next novella pic!