Became rather captivated by Midjourney recently (to put it lightly) and wound up spending a ton of time trying to learn its ins and outs trying to figure out how I can utilize these new tools in helping to speed up my work process.
Sadly learned that Midjourney is highly restrictive with their censorship and seem to have no interest in making an uncensored variant. Got banned periodically several times already.
Prompting me to upgrade my video card so I could get stable diffusion set up so I could learn to use that instead.
Sadly Stable Diffusion prompt system isn't nearly as intuitive as Midjourney's set up is.
MJ will work in some of its own style in fascinating ways that ensures you overwhelmingly get results close to what you wanted or wildly better.
Allowing its users to make new discoveries for ideas and concepts they didn't even know they wanted. SD on the other hand, wont give you nearly so much if your not exceedingly specific with what you want.
Positive accidents from what I've observed are much rarer and it takes a ton of work to get something even vaguely as good as MJ. But its local variant is free and uncensored.
If you can figure out how to install it.
Tons of guides on how to do so but they all seem to be uniquely bad in their own way. Will take someone with zero know how in this realm considerable effort to get the app running on your rig efficiently.
While I've not yet created anything that I could call a finished product I've gotten many concepts created that has me dying to render them into a full illustration.
Take this new illustration I'm working on. I had accidentally created these 2 haunting women in a forest with Midjourney so I decided to take 2 of the better ones I had found there to work into a new drawing.
I had hoped it would help speed up the process, but its for the now a still rather plodding process for me. You can't trust the AI's sense of anatomy either so you have to know how to improve upon it when its ever so slightly off, or intensely so.
Overall I'm deeply disappointed with both of these systems in different ways. But the tech is advancing so quickly that hopefully in a few months its much closer to what I need to make it sing.
I also must apologize for not posting enough, the holidays, various appointments, and necessary computer upgrades have my slow output even slower of late. Hopefully I can get sped up once the new year roles in.
Here are a few highlights I've come up with in the past weeks. Sadly I've not made anything in SD worth showing off in the slightest yet. and its been quite aggravating to me.
They are all uniquely bad in their own ways, but also all great seeds of ideas to pick up and fly with. I wish I could more easily learn how to capture some more of this essence into my own style.
For the now I'm experimenting with redrawing the elements I like most and combining them in unique original ways. I'll make a space at some point in the near future to show off more of these.
For each of these decent ones I've made thousands of variants that aren't worth a dam.
They've definitely helped to spark new ideas tho that will be getting implemented into my overall world of Crimson Dames.
I especially love how these prompts can widely mutate causing some surprising results that with a bit of refining can be made into stunning new characters. This lovely for instance!!!